Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Technology, part 2

Mind you, technology is not all bad:

Technology brings to the actor added responsibility.
How?

Well, whether it be acquainting oneself with the style of a TV show, or the period in which a play is set - we now have access to so much information.

Hulu, or YouTube provide the actor with a wonderful resource to gain insight into any show's style, plot-points and setting.

Moreover, for that last minute audition, Wikipedia can even give an actor the broad-strokes regarding period, history, or biographical points needed to prepare a solid, thought-out audition.
(yes, I believe Wikipedia can be helpful - notice the use of the term "broad-strokes." Any more detail requires more in-depth research).

It's all out there, at your finger-tips.

I confess, moments before a manager meeting, I used my IMDb app on my iPhone to look up their client list, so I could reference one or two if I needed.

It's endless the resources that are out there...

We as actors no longer have an excuse for being ill-prepared or unaware of the world in which we are working.

No comments:

Post a Comment